Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Never a dull moment

This morning Maddox cut his thumb after 20 minutes, 3 band aids, and both Bay and myself applying pressure it finally stopped bleeding. During this time Maddox WAS NOT a happy camper! Graysen was trying his best to be a great helper: talking to Maddox, rubbing his back, and running back and forth getting more toilet paper. All seemed fine and well-flash forward to 945 pm tonight when his finger starts gushing out blood, him screaming and shaking. I call Bailey (who is STILL working nights) tell him that I am going to take Maddox to the ER at Sequoia Hospital and that I would call him once I got there. Graysen gets into Big Brother mode; gets his jacket and shoes and then tells Maddox is this super calm voice "We are going to the ER and they are going to make you better! OK?" (Graysen's only experience with the ER is when he had CP) Maddox totally listens to Graysen stops crying and they both look at me. I rinse Maddox's thumb looking at the cut. It's not deep enough for stitches-what would the ER do besides send me a huge bill? I call bay back and tell him we are not going to the ER-Poor guy!

Long story short-We re-band aid it and now the boys are watching a magic school bus movie and munching on popcorn.
Poor Maddy!

1 comment:

MommyMeglet said...

Yikes!! Poor little guy! :(