Thursday, November 23, 2006

Today is Thanksgiving?

Hmmm? It sure doesn't feel like Thanksgiving......Graysen, Maddox, and Lyndley are battling the stomach flu and have been throwing up for 2 days. Corrina went to San Jose, and Bay and I are here.
It feels like a normal Saturday or Sunday around here. We are having shrimp and crab for dinner instead of a traditional meal. I usually cook Thanksgiving dinner for just us but cause of the flu going around, and we thought we were going to go to my aunt's. I didn't get anything. This was going to be my aunt's last Thanksgiving, there is a rumor that she is moving to Hawaii or something like that.

Holidays seemed much more magical when I was a kid. You had such a build up to each one....Each new holiday brought a new promise....A day off school, time with your cousin's playing, presents, candy....All that is good, and pure to a child. I miss that awe and wonder. It will be sad that all I knew as a kid my own children won't know. They won't know the happiness you feel when you turned onto Wisteria and you knew you were almost there.........The huffs you blew when you couldn't find a spot soon enough and the race to the front door to see everyone. The Hi's, the hugs and kisses from everyone. Your smile back. The sneak out to the garage to grab a coke even though your old one isn't finished. The games you played. The memories you only share with a handful of people. There are only a few people in the world that know I would always have to be the Queen in any game we played, and that I am really really scared of "Bloody Mary". There are only a few people in the world that know how to tell how long we have left by the sound coming from the kitchen...Sounds of laughter, singing, arguing, and love. Sounds you don't hear as often now. Makes me long for another time that only a trip in a time machine can get too.

No comments: