Saturday, July 28, 2007

Graysen went to HIS Graceland!






This weekend we went away for the semi weekend. The we was: Graysen, Maddox, Marissa (I have known this woman for 10 years give or take, and she is 18 years older then me but we have a real friendship. She was there for me as a teenager when I just needed a friend to listen to me and now as a wife and mother when I just need someone to listen to me. She was my church youth group leader at one time, but we have always had a special friendship. She got married later in life, had her first and only child 4 years ago. ) Bella, and myself.


We went and stayed at the Marriot in Santa Clara; Thursday through today. On Friday we drove to Santa Cruz and went to the Day with Thomas the Train at Roaring Camp. We had the BEST time! They had different stations where you could get face painting, Thomas tattoos, bounce house, hay maze, story time, a meet and greet with Sir Topham himself! Graysen thought he was creepy and wouldn't go near him but Maddox ran to him with open arms hugging and kissing! But the crown jewel of the day was a real train ride driven by Thomas! We sat in Annie and Claribel while Thomas drove us on a 30 minute ride through the Santa Cruz forest.

After the ride the kids got to have their picture and got up close to Thomas. Graysen cried not cause he was scared but cause he was so excited. He needed to spend an extra moment with him and told him he loved him and touched the train. I wanted to cry to see my little one so happy. That smile on his face will be burned into my memory.

It was a really fun weekend in general. Stayed in a hotel....Ordered room service.....swam in the pool...saw Thomas...and went to Great America! I am tired! My boys are exhausted! I am glad to be HOME..But it was a great time!!!!!!

No comments: