Sunday, September 14, 2008

Fantastic Friday!

"Do I need to be liked? Absolutely not. I like to be liked. I enjoy being liked. I have to be liked. But it's not like this, compulsive, need, to be liked. Like my need to be praised." (Micheal from The Office)

Why even at 30 years old are girls still always girls?

Friday's at Graysen's school are my day to work the classroom (Not to be confused with the 2 Wednesdays a month when I have yard duty from 1145 until 1). I was really worried about Maddox who has NEVER EVER stayed with anyone that he didn't know...I.E. Bailey, Corrina, and Lyndley. And then Graysen was ALWAYS with him. Ok so I was taken back to how he didn't care that I was leaving once he saw the huge fire truck toy they had. Graysen and I marched up the stairs to his classroom. I turned to my son for moral support as we both were going to weave through the politics of school-he left me! I had to to walk into the door alone as my son ran off to play Lego's with a group of other boys....I felt alone...like I was having one of those in front of the class naked dreams. I went to the Mom's Apron Station...Everything has a catchy little jingle and it's own station at Graysen's school.

Noooooo big deal JUST NEXT time I will have to set up my outfit around the BRIGHT RED apron with the HUGE station letter sprawled across my chest. I grab C and walk to my station. I am in charge of the entire Playhouse Station ....Each and every toy is located in this section. Each and every shoe, hat, and scarf of the dress ups. Each and every Lego, truck, and the inside jungle gyms. I try to lean up against the jungle gym trying to look cool. Like I do this all the time. And I know I have that weird nervous smile I get and if I did talk to anyone I would end each sentence with that annoying fake laugh I get. Just then I turn and I see a mom who did match her outfit to the apron walk into my playhouse area wearing the damn C apron! I do that smile and laugh thing trying to inch away to check the mom job station binder to see if I SOMEHOW made a horrible mistake!

Apron H The Outside Motor Development Station is where I am supposed to be! Nervous Laughter. I go outside to see that how "old moms" have stepped up to the plate and did my station set up. DAMNIT!

First thing is the Morning Circle Time and Groups.

My group went outside and played this ball catch game. Not bad..Had fun time. Little bummed that Graysen isn't in my group. But they do that on purpose. Snack time....Now I am feeling good from my groups and go back upstairs...You can totally see the old moms new moms. It is like the red sea. And in that moment I want all the old moms to like me and want to be my best friend..For their kids to love Graysen and be best friends....I had this deep down from the pit of my belly feeling that I HOPED they would all like me! I had to bitch slap myself and bring myself back to the real world!

School on the mom level is so far interesting...Graysen loves it. Maddox loves his babysitting set-up. Mommy's nervous how everything will go along...And Daddy he is happy that Graysen is so happy.

No comments: