Thursday, September 11, 2008

Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.









I have this childhood idea of what my extended family was when I was a child..This may or not (some how) be some figment of my imagination. I am hoping that it is real cause when I think of it I am filled with this wonderful feeling of pure joy that I can only think is love.
I have this memory of my family: It is after Thanksgiving and we have eaten and the adults of my family are in the kitchen laughing, yelling, everyone talking at once, name that song game going on with a few different people it is just pure conversation at it's best. Everyone is there no one has gotten mad, moved or died.
My Uncle Dale sitting in the bar stool nearest to the phone. My Uncle Les next to him with my grandma in the third bar stool. My grandma is sitting her her arms crossed and wearing that grey sweatshirt jacket. My Aunt Mary leaning up against the end of the counter with my Uncle Greg kind of standing behind her. Laughing away and smiling. My Aunt Phyllis is standing on the opposite side of the counter facing everyone with a towel on her shoulder. She's calling everyone "Shril" "Mar" "Sande" "Beck" "Sha" in that perfectly cracked Aunt Phyllis voice. My Aunt Sandy on sitting at the table with her back slightly turned away from her sisters but Still sitting at the table with Kelly, Aunt Kathy, Geri, and myself calling us Dillas. While Amy stood up cause there wasn't enough seats.
The kids are playing in Devin's and Zac's room. Kids are always age order of 18 and under in my family. There back there playing the same games I played after Thanksgiving when I was a kid. Corrina May, Jessica, and Z-A-C are walking from room to room talking to each other in a whispered hush......
Everyone in that house was thinking the same thing..Man it's getting late and I have a 45 minute drive home but ONE MORE COKE AND WE'RE LEAVING!

No comments: