Tuesday, March 18, 2008

the saying is true you only see people at

Funerals and Weddings.

This past week a great man I knew went home. Going to his funeral was like a flash back into time. Seeing people that I loved. People I grew up around. It was amazing to see everyone! So comforting but sad and scary all at once. Part of me wished that LCF still existed like in memory. Going to church at night....Barney singing (which is the most calming sound). Jean's voice praying for you...Michael's lisp as he talked. Ray playing the guitar. Sitting with my grandma. Everyone meeting up at Taco Bell afterwards. Sometimes that trip to the Denny's in your mind IS fun!

1 comment:

MommyMeglet said...

I really miss it all too... LCF was a kick ass church once upon a time. ALthough I don't miss Denny's as much as you do- I do miss the vibe, the people and the way we all came together. It was really like a family and it's sad that that family doesn't really exist any more.