Thursday, April 19, 2007

I know this special quite time is changing as you turn from baby to boy before my eyes


I know that when I am an old lady I miss the way your head felt in the crease of my arm and how your little hand felt across my back as we shared a midnight snack
I know that when I am an old lady I will still hear the sounds of your lips in the dark
Your little naked body curled up next to mine breathing in sync
I know that when I am an old lady I will freeze under the covers but not from your toes that you race up my belly but from the wind that carries memories into eternity

When I am gone you will be an old man will you still remember that I cried when I looked down and saw you there peacefully sleeping not a care in the world knowing that your mommy was there?

No comments: