Monday, September 24, 2007

Put on your party bumps!

Today we had several chicken pox parties. I had some people over that I knew from my AP mom's group but then I invited over moms I never met-from like minded boards though. Which is so strange for me cause I am private in such a weird way. To open my home and my children's disease..LOL

Tonight at dinner Bay and I were talking about it and how weird it was to say come on over here I am play with us, share a straw with us, rub up against us. Hmmmm...I didn't second guess myself in the moment but now I am- I don't know why...

Anyway-I am reading this book, Kids Are Worth It! And IF I don't go further then the first chapter it was worth it. I learned do much from it. I have pages of notes, Bay and I read it out loud and AGREED on what she was saying. Which is saying much cause he HATES parenting books and finds most of them to be BS.

When I read these types of books it makes me WISH I had a mom to go to and shoot off parenting ideas, my dad and Alisha don't count. My dad can't even tie his shoes. I wouldn't take his advice on what tee shirt to wear let alone how to raise my kids. And Alisha-NO COMMENT! I try to think how would of my mom or grandma handled this and while I wasn't raised in an AP manner, I was loved by my grandma if nothing else, and she always handled everything with love. That is my goal- LOVE and (thank you Barbara Coloroso) Dignity! :)
http://www.kidsareworthit.com/

No comments: